Friday, June 28, 2013

Internet inspiration

Still waiting for summer in Germany and this is the last weekend of June. Don't care any more, I'll be patient until the day we fly to Greece for one whole month. Not easy!

As I'm writing I'm sipping italian cream soda (recipe from here ) I made with my self-made strawberry syrup (recipe from here ). All around me on my desk I have supplies and mini books created for two online classes 




I have to admit my life would not be the same without the internet. Some (I won't name them!) may say I spend a lot of my time online but I'm just happy I've replaced magazines with blogs. (Not really, I still love printed (and online!) magazines!)  I just appreciate the hard work that goes on every blog-post and I've found so many kindred spirits...
Yesterday I joined a gym for the first time in my life. I always thought I hated gyms. And running. I love riding my bike (and Munich is the perfect place for that) and swimming (but only in the sea. No lakes, no pools. Munich not so good about that!) but I knew I needed to do the best for my body and health so I took the plunge and along with riding my bike I got a gym membership. A gym with sauna. That's a good start!
So yesterday, on my first day I used one machine (the elliptical- but I didn't know it had a name at the time, I'm so clueless!) for 30 minutes and it turns out I run 5km, an achievement many strive to. I want to remind you that I have NEVER run in my life, and I've always claimed I wouldn't- even to save my life. But -and here comes internet again- I had joined a secret facebook group about health and fitness and it is so inspiring I knew I could do it!

Why am I writing all this random stuff? Because this is my blog and I can! No, seriously, it's just that internet has changed my life and offered me so much...And because it is never too late to change your mind about a good thing, a little encouragement even from strangers goes a long way! (not that I had little encouragement from loved ones, I must be fair!).

No comments:

Post a Comment